PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Thank you for visiting the BIKEWISE Travel Website.
Before using our website, please read carefully this Personal Data Protection Policy of our company, based on European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (or General Regulation for the Protection of Personal Data or “G.P.P. D.” or “Regulation”), which lists the type of information we may collect during your visit to our Website and informs you of how we use this information. When you voluntarily provide us with personal information, such as your name, address or email address, we treat that information in strict confidence. Subject to specific provisions of this Personal Data Protection Policy, no personal information is subject to rental, sale, public posting or disclosure to other companies, organizations or websites. By using our website, you unreservedly accept the practices described in this policy. If you do not agree with the terms of our website, we would suggest that you contact directly the offices of BIKEWISE Travel as they are mentioned, for any service you need.
who we are
This website is managed as “controller” by the company with the name “BIKEWISE O.E.” and the distinctive title “BIKEWISE” (hereinafter “we” or “us” or “company” or “BIKEWISE”), with headquarters in Ioannina, Stadiou Street no. 11B, MH.T.E number 0622Ε60000038101, with GEMI number 149184929000 and VAT number 801104060, with contact phone (+30) 2651071115 and email firstname.lastname@example.org, for the promotion, advertising and communication of its services, the sharing of travel experiences and the execution of the relevant orders and requests of the users / visitors of its website and its customers.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data (PID) is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one whose identity can be ascertained, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identity number, location data, an on-line identifier or one or more factors that characterize the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of the natural person in question. But even more personal information such as habits, preferences, biometric data, etc.
Collection and processing of Personal Data
The company needs to collect PII (ie personal information) to effectively carry out day-to-day business operations and services and, in some cases, to comply with the requirements of applicable laws and/or regulations. Data collection is a form of processing, as is storage, organization, structuring, alteration, retrieval, information retrieval, use, deletion or destruction.
When you call us, visit our website, cooperate with us, ask questions or request our cooperation, we may ask you for information (i.e. TIN such as: name, address, email, telephone, etc.) depending on the type of relationship between us. It is also possible that you may choose to voluntarily provide us with additional personal data (such as in the case of sending a CV) or additional information (such as tax or commercial information, in the context of informing you or exploring cooperation). We collect information, directly or indirectly, in the following ways:
Information that you send us or give us, when communicating with us or visiting our website, by electronic or other means.
Information we receive from your use of our services or our partners’ services.
- We use various technologies to collect and store information and these may include the use of technologies such as cookies.
- We may use information from advertising networks, our customers or third parties in order to inform you about specific services that may be of interest to you.
- Our website as such does not collect any information related to the user’s behavior, activities and location.
- We use the information we collect, and always with your consent, to:
- We will process and serve your request for the provision of a tourist service
- We provide you with personalized and updated services and/or products
- We communicate with you and inform you about our new products (e.g. via newsletters)
- We process your payment
- We will answer any questions you may have
- When you contact us we keep a record of your communications so that we can resolve any issues you may have.
- We do not allow unauthorized entities, and without your consent, to access your information except in the following cases:
- With your consent: We share your personal information with companies, organizations and individuals when we have your express consent.
- For lawful purposes: We share personal information with relevant public agencies when reasonably necessary and to comply with laws, regulations, legal process or government requests.
- All of the above requires your consent.
Retention time of personal data
The retention time of your personal data is determined as follows:
If you fill out the contact form, your personal data will be kept for a period of 2 months.
If you subscribe to the newsletter sending service, your personal data will be kept until you inform us that you no longer wish us to send you a newsletter, by sending a relevant e-mail to email@example.com, at which point they will be deleted immediately.
In the event that you purchase one of our services (e.g. Participation in an organized excursion) through the website, your personal data is kept for a period of 10 years due to BIKEWISE legal obligation to the Public Tax Authorities.
After the end of the period defined by the respective legal-tax obligation, your personal data is deleted.
Storage-protection of personal data
The data center where your personal data is stored is located in Greece and on a PC at the company’s headquarters.
Trading with children policy
BIKEWISE does not do business with children. In the event that we know that the user is under 18 years of age, then the personal information they have sent us will be used to inform them that parental consent is required to complete the purchase.
Cookies and other technical information.
When you visit BIKWISE Travel we send a “cookie” to your computer. Cookies are small files that are stored in the browser and store information about the use of the website on your hard drive. This allows us to recognize your computer the next time you use our website or make a reservation. Please note that all information contained in cookies is encrypted for security reasons. You can always choose not to receive cookie files with the relevant application on our website bikewisetravel.gr.
Your rights regarding the processing of personal data
You have the right to obtain information about your personal data that we have stored at any time, in accordance with applicable law and without any charge. We may ask for proof of your identity before giving you this data. In some cases, we may not be able to allow access to certain personal data. For example, if your personal data relates to other people’s personal data or if it is held for legal reasons. In these cases, we will explain to you the reason why you cannot obtain this data.
- You have the right to request the correction – update of your VAT.
- You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data.
- You have the right to request the suspension of the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to request the transfer of your VAT to another body/organization.
- If the exercise of any of your rights mentioned above is not possible, we will explain to you the reason why we cannot exercise that right in relation to your PII.
- In case it is proven that your personal data has been leaked by BIKEWISE Travel resulting in you suffering material or non-material damage, but in any case you have the right to complain to the competent supervisory authority Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr) at address:
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLE
- Postal Code 11523–Athens
- Tel. center: +30-2106475600
- Fax: +30-2106475628
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To exercise your rights above or if you have questions about the personal data protection policy or if you need help with exercising or understanding your privacy options, please contact us at email@example.com.
The obligations of our company
Our responsibilities include:
The principle of accountability, regarding the 6 principles governing the processing of personal data (lawfulness, objectivity and transparency, purpose limitation, minimization of personal data, accuracy of personal data, limitation of storage period, security, integrity, and confidentiality).
Any processing of personal data is lawful only if one of the following 6 conditions applies:
– The data subject has consented to the processing of personal data.
– VAT processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, where the subject is a contracting party.
– The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation of the controller
– The processing is necessary to safeguard the vital interest of the natural person
– Processing is necessary for the fulfillment of a duty in the public interest or in the exercise of public authority delegated to the controller
– The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or a third party, unless the interest or the fundamental rights and freedoms of the natural person prevail.
In addition, we implement the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the company and our partners from unauthorized access or alteration, violation or destruction of the PII in our possession. Specifically:
- We control our data collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to protect against unauthorized access to systems and processes.
- Access to personal information is limited and controlled, and such individuals are subject to strict contractual obligations of confidentiality.
- In the event that external partners (for reasons of maintenance or support) have, potentially, access to VAT, relevant appendices to the existing cooperation agreements cover the requirements of the Regulation.
- Throughout the entire BPI processing cycle (from collection to BPI destruction) we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of BPI. We require similar measures from third parties who handle or process VAT.
Validity and change of our policy on personal data