In order to ensure that you know exactly what our (and your) responsibilities are, please read the following terms and conditions.
- General terms of renting a bicycle
- Rider’s minimum age: 15 years (with parental consent)
- Minimum rental duration: up to four (4) hours
- Payment policy: the rental of a bicycle is paid by cash or card or by deposit to one of the company’s bank accounts before the receipt
- Equipment: Along with the delivery of the bike, the “Bikewise” company also delivers the necessary safety equipment (helmet, etc.) to the lessee with a strong recommendation to use it.
- Pick-up & Deliveries: only from the shop “Bikewise” after agreement with a fee schedule.
- In special occasions, the “Bikewise” company reserves the right to replace any type of bicycle with another one of the same categories
- The terms and the prices can be modified without warning.
2. Renter’s obligations
- The renter must make available to the company his personal identity details, his place of residence before receiving the bicycle.
- The renter agrees to provide BIKEWISE the amount of 50€ per 2 bikes for precautionary use only and will be returned after the end of the bike tour.
- The renter must check the bicycle before receiving it.
- The renter, if he checks and receives the bicycle, means that he found it in good condition and to his liking.
- The renter must ride the bike respecting the rules and obligations outlined in Greece’s laws, as well as committing himself/herself:
- Based on the Greek Traffic Code, drinking alcohol and using a mobile phone while driving any vehicle is prohibited.
- Not to adjust or manipulate the mechanical parts of the bicycle.
- To park the bike in a manner that is safe for pedestrians and in a place where theft is minimized (e.g. no dark alleys).
- To return the bike to the “Bikewise” company at the time and date indicated on the contract. A late return will be charged according to extra time the bicycle was used (for example, you rent for 1 day (20€) but return the bike the next day, you will charged 20€ extra.
- In the case of mechanical malfunction, the renter must immediately notify the leasing company.
- The renter shall return the bicycle and accompanying equipment to the leasing company in the same good condition he/she received it.
- The renter must lock the bicycle each time it is left unsupervised.
- The renter is wholly responsible for every accident, every damage or theft (partial or total) provoked to the rented bicycle.
- The renter pays to the company the amount of the damage regardless of his liability.
- The renter explicitly agrees that the company “Bikewise” is not responsible for any damage incurred to the renter, or a third person during the rental period and no claim can be made against the company in case of an accident.
- The renter agrees that he/she will release the “Bikewise” company from any and all responsibility of liability for injuries or damages to the user of the equipment listed on this form or to any other person. The client accepts for full responsibility for the care of this equipment and thereby agrees to freely and expressly assume and accept any risks and all injury to the user of this equipment while bicycling.
3. Repairs and maintenance
In case of a breakdown, don’t abandon the bicycle. You should contact us immediately to arrange for the exchange of a bicycle of equivalent or superior quality. All repairs needed as a result of the use of the equipment including all parts, shall be paid by the renter.
4. Cancellation Policy
If a scheduled rental is cancelled due to poor weather conditions such as heavy rain, customers may reschedule their booking for another date. In all other cases of cancellation, credit/refund will be available to customers that only notify us via email or telephone at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled rental.
5. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Greece, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Greece for the resolution of any disputes.
6. Confirmation of Acceptance
By renting a bike or participating in a tour, you are acknowledging that you have read our terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.